Template information

ZUBEEN GARG THE MUSICAL SENSATION AND A PERSON WITH FLAMING PERSONALITY BACK TO THE MUMBAI

Zubeen Garg's latest album pakeeza is a hit. The singing sensation from Assam talks about the work that went into making Pakeeza, his love for the Northeast and why he keeps coming back to his people. 
Your latest album Pakeeza comes after a long hiatus. Why this break?
Yes, my last album came out in 2006. That is because I don't like to rush things. This one is a solo album. I took utmost care with it. For me, this album was a process in experimentation with different kinds of elements such as elements of Assamese music, Sufi, folk and tribal elements etc. 

There's a music video to accompany the title track...
Yes, the music video was hard work. I got the model who features in the video, Danisha, from Slovakia. It has been shot in Tawang, which is one of the most wonderful places I have been to. Also, I have used a lot of special effects in the music video. 

Why did you chose Tawang?
Mostly because I love that place. Many people have asked me if the video has been shot in Switzerland. I answered them with a, "Yes. But not the one you know of. We have another Switzerland up there in the North East called Tawang." Plus, we have such beautiful places right in our own country. I wanted to draw focus to at least one of them.Hather kachhe eto sundor spot thakte bideshe jawar ki dorkar?

Tell us, how has been the reaction to Pakeeza? Well, as far as I can see, it has been received pretty well. Congratulations have been pouring in. Actually, there has not been a good solo in the market for a long time. I wanted to fill that gap up. By the reaction I have received, I can say that I have been able to do that. Also, there are two more videos coming up accompanying the songs Rama rama and Kehkasha.

Two more videos? How about spilling the details?
(With a laugh) Rama rama is essentially a club song which has been picturized on children. And the other one is the video accompanying Kahakasha. It is the most commercial number of the album.

How do you compare your national presence to the popularity you enjoy in the Northeast?
There is absolutely no comparison at all. Northeast has been the base for my career for as long as I can remember. I have sung around fifteen thousand songs in different dialects of this region, spanning twelve years. Through my work, I have tried my best to promote the rich tribal culture. I have researched, worked and sung with the remotest of tribes here. The people of Northeast are my family. Popularity is one thing, but the love and affection I have received here is the only thing that keeps me from shifting base to Mumbai permanently. 
And what about Bengal?
Bengal is my second home. I have a thriving career in Tollywood. I think, after Bhupen Hazarika, I am the one singer from Assam who has received so much love from Bengal. 

What are your future projects for Bengal.
I am coming up with a new album before Durga Puja. It will be a combination of some old songs, that have already been released in Assam and a couple of new compositions. Its called Rock. Apart from that, I keep singing for Tollywood projects frequently. krish3 and other big movies will be most awaited and he will be back with new powerful songs. As the name zubeen garg always perform at his best because he is the lord of  music.....

Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. KNOWLEDGE WORLD - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger